Human-in-the-Loop Modeling and Simulation
• Human-in-the-loop M&S is also called Simulation-based Training.
• A simulation model of a system, e.g.,
– airplane – air traffic control center – emergency management plan – military operation is developed for the purpose of training people.
• Trainees interact with the visual simulation model for the purpose of learning, e.g.,
– how to fly an airplane (using the flight simulator) – how to control air traffic at an airport – how to manage an emergency in response to a disaster – how to make military decisions • Human-in-the-loop M&S can also be used as a cost-effective method for evaluating human performance and behavior for a proposed system design.
Intended Uses / Objectives
- Operational Test & Evaluation