Software-in-the-Loop Modeling and Simulation
- Software-in-the-loop M&S can be viewed as Simulation-based Software Evaluation.
- A software system can be executed under simulated input conditions for the purpose of evaluating how well the software system functions under such input conditions.
- For example, the software used to display the common operating picture (COP) in a combat operation on a handheld computer can be executed under simulated input data (e.g., video, voice, images, text) received from many different sources for the purpose of evaluating how well the software satisfies its requirements.
- Software-in-the-loop M&S is a cost-effective method for evaluating a complex, mission-critical software system before it is used in the real world.
Intended Uses / Objectives
- Operational Test & Evaluation